Friday, June 4, 2010

1950s Lima

While most of my posts revolve around Henri de Büren, or his voyage, I found these postcards from my grandparent's trip to South America in 1960 and felt they were appropriate. In my film I will be touching upon how the countries that Henri travelled to have changed over the last 150 years after all.

My grandfather was returning to Argentina, the country of his birth, to visit his family and stopped for a number of days in Lima. Instead of taking photographs my grandmother collected postcards on their trip. The following postcards showcase 1950s Lima.

La Catedral, Lima

Plaza San Martín, Lima

Portales de la Plaza de Armas, Lima

Avenida Tacna, Lima, 1957

Palacio Arzobispal, Lima, 1951

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...